Diversity and Inclusion
Striving for Equity in All We Do
At Achieve3000, we want our educational solutions, company philosophy, business practices, and roster of employees to reflect and support the culturally diverse communities and organizations we serve. That’s why CEO Stuart Udell has made diversity and inclusion a critical organizational focus.
“We need to challenge ourselves right now to do everything we can to be a more diverse, more inclusive, more socially responsible organization.”
Culturally Responsive Instruction
We understand the importance of culturally responsive instruction. Recently, we put together a free guide that shares insights and best practices from three of today’s most respected education thought leaders: Dr. Pedro Noguera, Dr. Gholdescar Muhammad, and Dwayne Reed.
Key topics include:
- How to build better relationships with your students
- Why cultivating literacy skills isn’t enough
- How to break down the barriers to equity
Culturally Relevant Content
We are constantly auditing our content to ensure that our lessons reflect the voices of the students we serve. We have made significant progress in adding more culturally relevant content to our solutions, and we continue to seek new content that is relevant to diverse populations.
“We all know one size doesn’t fit all when it comes to learning. Here at Achieve3000, we are dedicated to the inclusion of authentic voices from the broadest set of human stories, especially stories of students in the world.”
We have instituted a number of initiatives designed to promote diversity and inclusion through the C.A.R.E. Committee, which stands for Community Action for Respect and Equity. This employee-led committee was created to promote understanding, respect, equity, and access for the people we interact with and impact daily.
The Achieve3000 C.A.R.E Committee pledges to foster a diverse and inclusive working environment that promotes respect, equity, and access for all employees and partners.
- Strengthen partnerships with content teams to ensure a continuing emphasis and focus on equity and culturally relevant content
- Consult with the human resources team to increase recruitment of qualified, diverse candidates
- Create a themed series of internal conversations focusing on the committee’s mission
- Provide continuing external presentations aimed at educating and involving customers and partners in promoting equity, diversity, and inclusivity
- Advocate for continuous internal discussions focused on expanding inclusivity among Achieve3000 employees
“We created this committee, because we wanted to show customers, partners, and employees that we not only see the inequity in America today, we care.”
NABU is a non-profit organization with a mission to solve the imbalance in the creation and distribution of children’s books globally, so all children can read and rise to their full potential. Through mother tongue book creation, technological innovation, and community engagement, NABU is tackling global illiteracy more efficiently at a scale never before achieved.
EDU, Inc. is an educational organization that is helping black high school students pursue their college dreams by allowing them to apply to any number of 60 Historically Black College and Universities (HBCUs) at the same time for just $20 with the Common Black College Application (CBCA). To date, nearly 250,000 students have completed the CBCA.