Achieve3000® is committed to assuring the privacy of its subscribers and users.
All Achieve3000 subscribers are provided with a private user name and password, which allows students to gain access to the websites to which they are subscribed and teachers to track student progress and assignments.
Individually Identifiable Personal Information
- Achieve3000 complies with applicable provisions of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), which regulates how the operators of commercial websites directed to children may collect, use and disclose individually identifiable personal information concerning children under the age of 13.
- Educational institutions that use our products must comply with applicable provisions of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) which gives parents certain rights with respect to a school’s use of their children’s education records.
- Achieve3000 provides website user names and passwords to students under the age of 13 only after the student’s school has obtained verifiable parental consent for Achieve3000 to collect, use and disclose individually identifiable personal information concerning such students.
- In order to enable Achieve3000 to provide student users of our websites individualized content, and teachers and school administrators reports on individual students’ academic progress during their use of these services, schools provide Achieve3000 certain individually identifiable information about student users of these services – including students’ names and academic levels. This information is used by Achieve3000 and its agents solely for these internal purposes.
- Achieve3000 does not collect any more personal information than reasonably necessary to provide individualized content, to enable participation in student contests and to generate reports on individual student academic progress.
- Achieve3000 does not request individually identifiable information from children other than in response to their requests for a subscription or to participate in a student contest, and does not condition participation in student contests on students disclosing more information than is reasonably necessary for their participation.
- Nor does Achieve3000 collect any individually identifiable information through the use of cookie technology or sell or otherwise transfer any student personal information to any third party (other than to Achieve3000 subcontractors who are contractually obligated to use such information only to provide Achieve3000 services).
- Parents can review the information that Achieve3000 has collected from their child, withdraw their consent to Achieve3000’s further use of such information or direct the deletion of such information by contacting email@example.com.
Achieve3000 ensures that all information that it receives is secure against unauthorized access by maintaining it on a secure system that is isolated from direct connection to the Internet.
It is Achieve3000’s policy to limit student identity information posted on its sites to the student’s first name, first initial of last name, state, and age or grade.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions regarding this policy.