Achieve3000®'s World of Biology is a breakthrough in differentiated science curriculum for middle and high school — one that helps students achieve the literacy skills they need to succeed in biology and perform better on exams and high-stakes tests.
Designed as a supplement to complement your existing biology text, World of Biology provides a standards-based biology curriculum with embedded recommendations to support STEM literacy initiatives.
Students and teachers alike benefit via a broad range of features, including:
- Differentiated biology lessons at four different reading levels — with placement tests that assess each student's current reading level and understanding of key biology concepts
- Engaging non-fiction content aligned to classroom textbooks — students are able to fully participate in classroom discussions, regardless of their reading level
- An engaging and easy-to-follow routine that facilities best practices in science literacy: vocabulary and concept acquisition at all levels, ongoing formative assessment, and application of concepts to authentic, real-world scenarios
- Teacher materials that reinforce concepts students are learning
- A parental component that engages parents and encourages their involvement and support
Main Topic Areas
World of Biology is an add-on module sold with our TeenBiz3000® and Empower3000™ differentiated literacy instruction solutions. It focuses on key main topic areas:
- Cell biology
- Molecular basis of heredity
- Interdependence of organisms
- Matter, energy and organization in living systems
- Biological evolutions
- Human systems